Day 64 - Kirkwall to Eday. Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps July 12, 2021 A picture of Kirkwall Cathedral before setting off. It is much older than it looks from the outside. Founded in 1137. Moored in scenic Calf Sound, Eday. Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps Comments MadeleineJuly 15, 2021 at 4:46 PMI knew I should have looked in the cathedral - very impressive columns (Steve)ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyMadeleineJuly 15, 2021 at 5:02 PMBeautiful vaulted ceiling. I wonder are the columns made of local stone? Granite? Looks like fine weather in Eday.ReplyDeleteRepliesBrendanJuly 16, 2021 at 11:17 AMYes. Local red and yellow sandstone.DeleteRepliesReplyReplyAdd commentLoad more... Post a Comment
Day 19 - Scarborough for a few days. May 28, 2021 Carmel, Cassie and Cleo. Scarborough harbour. Crew. Read more
Day 33 - 35. Amble marina. June 12, 2021 Alnwick (silent L, silent W). Impressive castle and town that I had never heard of. Alnwick castle. Home of Harry Hotspur, the famous knight (what? You've never heard of him?) Alnwick castle. Amble marina. Walworth castle in the distance. Read more
I knew I should have looked in the cathedral - very impressive columns (Steve)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful vaulted ceiling. I wonder are the columns made of local stone? Granite?
ReplyDeleteLooks like fine weather in Eday.
Yes. Local red and yellow sandstone.
Delete